Sunday, July 08, 2012

Another year older...

Wow, it has been a really long time since I have blogged--I am horrible at keeping up lately. We have had a ton of things going on here--too many to mention right now, but hopefully I can find some time this week to blog about what we have been up to. I had a birthday about a week ago, hence the title of the post. This year was the big 3-7, and for some reason, that number has been really hard for me. I think it is the fact that it is an odd number, and those always sound a little bit older to me :-) I have, however, decided that this is the year in my life that I am going to make a true and real effort to get healthy with my eating and exercising habits. I am putting this in my blog so that I can hopefully look back in about a year and report that I have kept up with both and that I feel much better than I do now :-) I have started walking our trails we have here in Columbia and also going to classes at the gym. I agreed to run a 5k with Shon in October in Memphis, and am also doing the points program with Weight Watchers again. Shon bought me a cool little gadget called a Fitbit, and it tracks how many steps I take each day, how many calories I have burned, how many miles I have walked, and how many flights of stairs I have climbed. (On side note, I walked with my mom in my old neighborhood this week, and afterwards I had 15 flights of stairs on my Fitbit--it's very hilly :-) I will hopefully be back with more news later in the week, but wanted to put these thoughts down before anymore time passed.

1 comment:

Reba said...

Good for you! Turning 40 was a really tough one for me last year. But I will say it is the most fit I have ever been. I am not all the way there yet but I am getting there. :) I want to hear more about your fitness gadget. Sounds really neat!