Friday, March 13, 2009

Spring Break!

Spring Break is officially here! I am excited because my oldest 2 are spending the weekend with my in-laws:-) I literally am so excited to have a break from the arguing and back and forth between the 2 of them. I have been trying a new concept lately with discipline--it's a book called 1-2-3 Magic. Basically you count the behavior you want stopped (like whining, arguing, fighting, etc) and you reward behaviors you want them to start (keeping their rooms clean, putting away clothes, unloading the dishwasher, etc.) I now only ask them to have their rooms cleaned on Wednesday night and Sunday nights before bed. If they comply the receive their full allowance--$3 for Caleb and $2 for Emma. If it's not clean then I take money off--same with their chores. It has really been working well except for this week--I think the time change also threw them off because they are more tired and cranky. I am hoping this break allows us to catch up on some sleep:-)

Shon is still traveling every week, Monday through Thursday. Caleb has started baseball--it's a lot more than I bargained for. With tball he had 1 practice and 1 game a week. With baseball it is 2 practices a week for 1 1/2 hours each, and the games are here or possibly away. It's really hard to do with the other 2 having no one to stay with, but we'll get through it. Emma's ballet recital is next month, and she has been so cute going around singing El Shaddai. She and Jake have been singing at our piano a lot lately--they love to belt out any song from High School Musical, although today Emma busted out with some Beyonce--Single Ladies. Too funny:-)

Not much else I can think of right now--I will try to be more consistent. Both Caleb and Emma had to take a round of antibiotics this month--Emma for a deep cough that wouldn't go away and Caleb had strep last Saturday. Hopefully everyone else will stay well!

No comments: