Sunday, November 15, 2009

I may have forgotten something...

So, I was so proud of myself for remembering everything that happened that was major over the summer-then I realized I forgot a pretty important event (actually a few of them:-) The big one I forgot is that Shon and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary in August. Of course, we have no pictures, but we had a great time--our church has a ministry for couples called Friday Night Out. If you are in Sunday school, you will get a voucher for the next Friday night's childcare. You email the coordinator by Wednesday to get your kids on the list. Then on Friday, you bring said children to the church, drop them off, and go have fun! The wonderful workers keep the kids from 6-9:30pm--and it is FREE! What a blessing! So, Shon and I dropped off our kids, and headed to Ruth's Chris steak house in Rogers--it was fabulous! We had eaten there (sort of) on our honeymoon, but I ended up feeling ill and we had to leave--and the steak we got on our honeymoon was wonderful even though it was cold by the time I was able to eat it. So, I knew the warm version would be even better:-) We were at the restaurant for about 2 1/2 hours, and it was perfect. We each had a wonderful steak, salad, side, and then our waiter brought us out a free dessert for our anniversary, complete with candle:-) The manager brought us a gift certificate for $25 off our next visit. Then we closed out the night by going to Wal-Mart:-) where I got a wireless speaker for my ipod.

I also forgot to mention that Shon and I both celebrated birthdays over the summer--mine in June and his in July. I don't really think we did anything to special--other that wish one another happy birthday:-) So, sorry for the double post, but I did want to remember such a memorable evening!

1 comment:

Reba said...

Happy anniversary a little late! It sounds like a fun date night! We recently ate at Theos in Fayetteville for ours. I have been craving that steak (and dessert) ever since. It is a shame I have such expensive taste on a take out budget. :) Hope you have many more happy years together!