Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Six (actually seven) month well child check up

Will had his well child check up today--and he turns 7 months old tomorrow, so I will write about all the statistics today and write about what he is doing tomorrow (yes 2 post in 2 days!). Here are the stats from today:
weight: 18 lbs 4 oz (75th%)
height: 27.5 inches (50th%)
His head was measured but I don't remember what it was, only that it was between the 75th and 90th %--so the pediatrician wants us to come back in a month to measure it again because he had moved up some in his percentile from last time. Of course, when I told Shon he tells me he had a big head as a baby, so that made me feel a little bit better.
He also received 3 shots--which he was not a fan of. I also forgot to bring his pacifier with me, so he resorted to sucking on his burp cloth in between bouts of crying. Poor baby. The doctor said he is on track developmentally even though he is still not rolling over--although he almost did when we were at the office:-) She advised me to stop swaddling him and try to get him to go to sleep without it--that should be fun. I am also going to have to re-start him on his Zantac and vitamins. He sounded pretty bad today--the first day I have noticed him with "wheezy" breathing since taking him off the Zantac (per our ENT doctor's instructions:-) Anyway, maybe it will help with the lack of sleeping through the night-although I won't hold my breath:-) That's all for now--he just woke up from his only nap today--and it wasn't very long so we'll see how the night progresses:-)

No comments: