Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Birthday Caleb

Today my oldest is 9--where has the time gone? I can remember the day he was born so clearly--everyone in the family was there because I was being induced at 39 weeks and because he was the first grandchild on both sides of the family. Renessa was there as well because she only lived an hour away at the time. My sister was unable to come because she was in college at the time, but everyone else waited patiently. Shon and I arrived at the hospital around 6 am and we had the I.V. and Pitocin started pretty soon after 7am. I was ready to push at 12pm and Caleb was born at 2:14pm on that Wednesday. It was so special having all the family there, and none of the other kids have been able to have that.

Caleb is a sensitive, loving, headstrong, strong-willed, fun-loving child whom I have been given the privilege of helping to raise up to love God and others. I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for us as we move to a new area and take on the particular challenges that come with it. Caleb, I love you and am so very proud to share this Mother's Day with your special day.

1 comment:

Reba said...

Happy birthday to Caleb! What sweet memories!