Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sickness abounds

So last week 2 out of 4 kids and both parents fell victim to the sickies.  Not a fun week.  It started with me on Wednesday--I woke up with an ache in my stomach that got worse as the day went on.  I was able to take Will to his school and pick him up but nothing more.  I called Shon to come home and he arrived around 3pm.  I don't remember a whole lot because I slept off and on but finally threw up around 8 pm and felt much better.  The next day I went to Bible study and when it was over I had a few messages on my phone saying that Jake had thrown up at school--they were from an hour earlier. I felt like the worst parent ever.  I drove quickly over to the school and picked him up-he proceeded to throw up while we were there and then came home and slept for a few hours. He continued to throw up and not want to drink or use the bathroom, so I took him to the urgent care clinic.  He was diagnosed with strep throat. The next morning Caleb came down and said that his stomach, throat and head hurt, so I let him stay home that day as well--along with Jake and Shon was home too.  I took Caleb to the clinic and he was also diagnosed with strep throat.  Thankfully everyone felt better by Sunday--but it was a chaotic week for sure! 

No comments: