Thursday, January 05, 2012

Baked Parmesan Crusted Tilapia

Here is the recipe for the fish I made last night if anyone is interested. Once again, a post without pictures, but I will try and get better at taking them:-)

tilapia fish fillets ( I used 8, because for our family I had to open 2 packages, but you can use the amount you need for your family).

panko bread crumbs ( I used about 1/2 cup since I had so much fish to cover)

grated parmesan cheese ( I used about 1/3 cup of this--probably a little less)

italian seasoning (1 Tbsp)

1 Tbsp butter

lemon juice

1. Thaw and pat dry tilapia.
2. Mix bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and italian seasoning together in bowl.
3. For the next part, I got out a paper plate and put some of the bread crumb mixture on it. Then I squirted lemon juice on 1 side of the fish and place that side down in the bread crumbs. I then squirted more juice on the uncoated side and flipped it over. I used my hand to get more crumbs on the fish.
4. Place fish in greased baking dish. ( I ended up using 2 dishes--a 9x13 and an 8x8 for the amount of fish I had).
5. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes. I covered the fish with foil for the first 20 minutes, and then cooked it uncovered for 5-10 minutes more.

The verdict--very yummy! All the kids each ate a whole piece of fish and Emma ate another 1/2 piece. You could also add paprika to your mix and I have dipped the fish in egg instead of lemon juice and it has turned out good as well.

No comments: