Another recipe post--I like having these on my blog because they are easy to look up for future reference. I made lasagna roll ups tonight--a recipe I found on Pinterest (it is my go-to spot anymore for recipes:-) I also made parmesan pull apart bread (thanks Reba) from a friend's blog. Here is the recipe for the lasagna:
1 lb ground turkey ( or ground beef)
1/4 onion, minced
1 tsp garlic
1 can petite diced tomatoes
2 cans tomato sauce ( there is only 1 in the picture, but I added another one)
1 Tbsp parsley
1-2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
mozzarella cheese (however much you like to cover the meal)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
lasagna noodles ( I used 8)
1. Boil your water for the lasagna noodles. Cook until al dente.
2. In saucepan, saute onion and garlic together ( I forgot to do this and added them to my ground turkey that was already browning. You can use a little olive oil to do this step).
3. Add turkey and cook until no pink remaining.
4. Add seasonings and tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
5. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
6. In small bowl, beat egg and then add ricotta cheese, parsley, and parmesan cheese. Stir together.
7. Lay lasagna noodle on paper towel. Pat dry. Spoon ricotta cheese mixture across noodle. Add a little bit of meat sauce along the noodle (if you put too much on it will squish out the sides--not that I know that from personal experience or not:-)
8. Roll up the lasagna noodle and place in sprayed dish. Repeat until all the noodles are in the pan.
9. Put more meat sauce onto each noodle. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese all over the dish ( as much or as little as you like--we like a lot of cheese).
10. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, or until bubbly:-) Enjoy!