Thursday, January 26, 2012

Testing, testing

Caleb had an assessment today at the University to see where we are with his ADHD and ODD. He was tested in 2nd grade and determined to have ADHD and oppositional defiance disorder, and I just wanted him re-tested to figure out if we were on the right track with our treatment. When I made the appointment, they told me to expect it to take from 9:30 until 2:30 pm. I figured that was only for the really troubled kids, and that we would be done by lunch at the latest. I also had to bring Will with me since it was not one of his school days. I ended up having to talk with the person conducting the assessment for about 1 1/2 hours at the beginning. Caleb was a real trooper and took care of Will remarkably well. After my part of the interview Caleb went to the first part of the testing which was an IQ test. We broke for lunch around 12:15pm. I had texted Shon to see if he could come home and stay so that Will could take a nap and not have to be in a small room waiting for Caleb to finish. ( he had had enough by lunch and had fallen off the couch and got a nice bruise while we were there). So, Shon came home and I left Will with him and Caleb and I went back to the campus. We got back about 1pm and didn't finish up until 3:30. I got to sit and read a book without interruption, so that was nice, but the chairs were pretty uncomfortable. Caleb was pretty tired when we were finished. The results/recommendations should be back to me in about a month. So it was a long day but I think it was good.

1 comment:

Reba said...

I hope you get some good information with the results. What a long day!