Monday, January 02, 2012

Recipe post

I know, blogging 2 days in a row--don't fall over!:-) I am going to post a link to the roll recipe I use, because I pretty much follow it exactly and I don't ever remember to take pictures when I am cooking. I will say that you need to bake these the same day you make them, because they don't really work as well rising if you try and put them in the fridge and then bake them the next morning (I have tried it). They are also a bit labor-intensive, but very worth it. If you don't have time to follow this recipe, I just discovered Pillsbury's hot roll mix, and you can make cinnamon rolls with it as well, and they are just about as good. Here is the link for the rolls ( I divide the dough in half and make half rolls/half cinnamon rolls).
http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/10/worlds-best-dinner-rolls/ I use dental floss to cut the cinnamon rolls--works very well. I make up my own glaze for the cinnamon rolls--melted butter, powdered sugar, and milk. I don't really measure--I just mix until it looks right. Hopefully next time I make these, I will take some pictures of the process. Let me know if anything is not clear!

2 comments:

Reba said...

Those sound delicious. I want to try those, though it sounds like I may need to save them for a weekend. YUM!

Carolynn said...

Reba I was o proud because this is the first recipe that has actually worked and that my family raved over:). I would definitely save them for a weekend.