Thursday, January 19, 2012

A cleaning tip:-)

For those of you who know me well, you know I really don't enjoy cleaning--I enjoy staying home but am not really all that bothered by dust (mom, don't get too "twitchy"). So shockingly, with four kids, we had a few stubborn carpet stains. I found a recipe for a carpet cleaner that I wanted to try. Mix equal parts ammonia and really hot water into a spray bottle, and liberally spray the spot you want to treat. Get out your iron and a clean white towel. Place the towel onto the spot you just sprayed and put your iron on towel (have it on the steam setting). You just iron back and forth and the spot is supposed to come up. I have to say this worked really well on most of the spots I tried it on--the carpet looks a lot better:-) I wish I had taken before and after pics but I was trying to get it done before I had to go get Will from school, so I was being quick.

No comments: