Sunday, January 01, 2012

Happy New Year!

Wow, it has been a really long time since I have blogged. We have had a really good past few months, just very busy with the holiday. A brief recap:

Halloween was fun--Will went with me and the other 3 but did not dress up--he rode in his stroller and had a good time just being outside. The other 3 did extremely well candy-wise--we didn't even make it around the whole neighborhood before calling it a night.
Thanksgiving this year was just the 6 of us--and I am proud to say that I did the whole meal, including the turkey and it all turned out great:-) I bought a turkey breast that was 8 lbs and brined it--I think that is the way to do it from now on. It only had to cook for about 2 1/2 hours too. I also made rolls from scratch and they rose and turned out so yummy--we had enough dough that I also made cinammon rolls for the next morning.
For Christmas, my parents came here the 24th and we had a good time baking and hanging out. They stayed and ate veggie beef soup and rolls (from Harps--I really miss those!) and then we watched A Christmas Story and got the kids to bed:-) The next morning they weren't up too early and Santa brought them each a Kindle Fire (except for Will--he received a lot of toys with balls). We had a really good Christmas day--lots of eating and watching the kids play. The next morning we headed to Shon's parents and had Christmas with his sister, husband, and nephew and his parents. We stayed until the 31st and headed home yesterday. As always the kids got too much stuff but have really enjoyed playing their electronics and other items.
I have a few resolutions for this year that I really want to stick with so maybe if I list them here I will be more likely to do them:-) Here goes:

1. Exercise at least 3 times a week, preferably more (we have a beach vacation in August--definitely wouldn't want to be in a swimsuit right now).
2. Organize the house.
3. Clean the house more often and better:-) (this is my least favorite but most needed).
4. Be more intentional with praising my kids when they do well.
5. Be more intentional praising Shon for all the help he provides.
6. Try to read the Bible through in a year.
7. Try to add a new recipe to this blog a few times a month.

That is probably enough for now--I will keep you posted on my progress:-) I wish everyone a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Reba said...

Are you going to share the homemade rolls recipe? Your goals for the year remind me of the book I just read. That is basically what my goals are too. :) Happy new year!